How many of you have Satellite? It came with a different remote right. How many of you KNOW where the actual TV remote is? Well, mine is in the trash. And that's my point.
I get teased relentlessly about this story. It happened 8 years ago and nobody will let me forget it. I ordered satellite about 6 months after Brad and I got married. We lived in the mouse house. Well a year later, I was cleaning out the junk draw in the kitchen and found the original remote to the TV. I thought, "There is no way we will ever need this." and I throw it out. Another year goes by and we moved into the house we have now. This house is a manufactured home that came with a bonus TV. It's a 43in, which is awesome because Brad's cheap. We still have his 19in from college. So we never would have had a TV this big if it wasn't a bonus feature. So we move in and Brad wants the Satellite hooked up to the new, cool, big TV. And Surprise, Surprise, he can't find the original remote to our other TV. I had to admit that I tossed it. I bought a universal remote, but we still, to this day, can't change anything in the menu on this TV.
We now have Dish and the two room DVR system, but I still get a lot of crap about this. I know its because I haven't learned my lesson. I am always throwing things out. If it doesn't have a place or use in the house, it doesn't need to be in my house. Brad thinks that if it free and there is a chance he might need it in the next 20 years, it better be right where he put it. We have a lot of STUFF from the side of the road. Thanks MAX. I do love you, but I hate all the junk in my house. And that is a whole different story, that I will write later.
2 comments:
LOL so funny you really put this story on here... I just think it is the funniest thing that you threw a remote away. It still just makes me laugh to think about it:) I only tease you about it because it is so funny and doesn't really matter anyway. Even now it just cracks me up!!!
That cracks me up. I havn't heard this story yet. I throw everything away to. My other wierd thing is I clean the kitchen before we are done eating. So Neil will be sitting at the bar (at mom's) and I take his cup away and load it in the dishwasher. Neil has to patiently get up and get a new cup. It is out of control.
Post a Comment