Jul 11, 2011

"That is so not funny"

So this morning I got up early, 7:30, early for me, and started getting ready for my ultrasound appointment. I had to drink 32 oz. of water before 9:00am. My bladder only holds about 16 oz. I couldn't hold it. I went before we left home. I panicked the whole way into town, thinking they would make me reschedule, but when I got there, I seriously thought I was going to burst. After 15 minutes of filling out paper work, I was in tears. I told the ultrasound tech, she just laughed and said she need 2 pictures and I could go.
That's when you need background music to start playing. She puts the little wand on my belly, I look at the kids to make sure their being good and paying attention, when she starts stumbling over her words. "So do you know you're having twins?" I looked back at computer screen and just laughed, "That's not funny". She said, "well there are 2 heart beats and 2 heads, so that means twins. And you can go to the bathroom now." I'm not sure how I got to the bathroom in 1 piece. Brad, of course was late but it worked out better, because the kids got to tell him the news. I was in the bathroom, and I heard him come in the room, the kids were bouncing off the chairs says "we're having 2 babies." He didn't believe them, until the ultrasound tech confirmed it. I come out and the look on his face, was that the floor had given out, and he was falling into oblivion. Even as I type this, it doesn't seem real. I am a normal average person. Things like this don't happen to me, ever. My whole world has turn upside down, but yet I come home, the world is still turning. I still have a house to clean, laundry, and yard work. All the while, in the back of my head, is a little voice saying, 2, two, 2, two, 2, two, 2. HOLY CRAP TWINS!!!!!!

4 comments:

mommymelb said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! Did you find it genders? Are they identical or fraternal? And I think you'll dowonderfully with them. But holy cow that would have been a shock! :)

Mardi said...

Wow - what a way to find out. Shocker! Congrats and hang in there! You're a great mom anyway, so you'll have it all under control.

mommymelb said...

And obviously I cannot spell when I am on my phone! Sorry for the typo's!

Jami said...

My mom called yesterday and told me! That's awesome and crazy! I've always thought twins would be hard but such a blast! Good luck!